Wednesday, April 22, 2009

April 2009

Well let's see what's happened since we stop our blogging........um

Hockey is over (for now) yippee!!! OK tryouts start up again this weekend and then on a monthly basis to fill out the teams. I received the Head Coaching position for the Bantam A team. Not sure yet if we'll have enough talent to be an A team and not sure how many kids will actually tryout. So I'm kind of on hold for that. We may end up with 1 "B" team and they told me if that happens I would coach that one. Got to attend some Cubs spring training games with my brothers. It was great to see them again and consume a few ice cold beverages with them:)
Work is going well, love the people and work that I do.

Kelly had been round and round with her management about her new position. Right now she's doing the job of 2 (her old job and the RN that was moved out of there), but no raise came with it as promised. She now has a year with the company so she is eligible to start applying for other positions, so she is on the look out.

Deric had a great day at the "Field Day" competition just before Spring break. He did so well the track coach asked him to participate in the Track & Field events for the school. That took place this past Tuesday night. He took second in the 100meter run, shot-put, and the 4 X 100 relay. He now advances to district. WOW, this was a total surprise to us. He loves it.

Cierra is doing very well. She just celebrated her 10th birthday this past week. She had her first hockey tryout last night and did very well. She is trying out for a travel team again. It will be up to her if she wants to continue or Mom has offered her dance class. We'll see where this goes:)

Destiny also celebrated a birthday last week (#6). She will be joining a dance class this summer. She is still on her meds for epileptic seizures. She still has the brain waves of seizures but they are very minimal compared to this time last year. Hopefully she will grow out of them.

The family is still somewhat in shock over the passing of Kelly's mother about a month ago. Holiday's will be tough for a while. She will be missed tremendously. The viewing with the family went well, Destiny would not leave grandma's side. The next day we let a bunch of Mickey Mouse balloonS go and also Butterfly's in her memory. Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers during this very, very emotional time.

Jason was here for about a month (leaving today). Jason should be back, he's looking for a job here. JR and I attended our first NASCAR race this past Saturday - it was AWESOME. I'd go again. I'd have to find some better seating, but I was happy:)

We had our first 100 degree day yesterday - It was BEAUTIFUL:)

The PACKERS will be in the "Valley of the Sun", twice this year - I'll make sure to be at the regular season matchup!!!

Well, I think you are all up to speed with us.

GO CUBBIES
GO BLACKHAWKS
GO ADMIRALS

GOOD LUCK BREWERS:(

No comments:

Post a Comment