Saturday, July 18, 2009

July, July, July!!!

Well it's warming up in the great state of AZ. This week is been over 110 just about everyday. Should stay there for awhile (at least it's consistent, not like WI). I can't remember the last time it rained here (and it's monsoon season too.) Nothing has changed around here except that Jason is now living with us (anyone else???). What a house full. We make it work for now. He had a paperwork interview with the HR office at Frito Lay in downtown Phoenix, and they are looking for someone in there warehouse on 51st ave and the 101 (about 20 miles from our house). So he's hoping to get an interview with the warehouse supervisor soon.

The kids have been pretty much swimming and playing with friends around the neighborhood for the summer. I think the girls are starting to get antsy for school to start. Mom starting to pickup supplies and clothes so I imagine that's why the girls are antsy. Deric probably doesn't really care. He's gone half the week at someone's house for a sleepover or we have one of his friends over night by us (just what we need). We'll have to build a second floor.

Hockey starts up on July 28th. Practice begins that week, and then the following week we will start the team with off-ice training in the Inside Edge facility at the rink twice a week. Our first games will be during the Labor Day tournament here in town. We will probably be in a tournament every month of the season. The big one for us is that "WE WILL" be traveling to Milwaukee in January. We already committed the team to that tournament on January 9-10th. Our family will probably come up a few days earlier so we can see everyone. Can't leave down here until after the Packers play the Cardinals (Jan. 3rd). Then we have to be back in time to play in the MLK tournament we are hosting on January 15-18. Busy, busy, busy during hockey season. We will also be in Riverside, California October 23-25 (see you there Tootie!!).

Well Kelly was totally P.O'ed when she received a 55cent raise this past week. All that she has done for the company I guess wasn't really appreciated. She has let them know how she feels, so we'll see if anything comes of it (probably a pink slip). She is looking elsewhere in the company and also outside the company too. She does have some in's with upper management so she will be talking with them in the next couple weeks.

Me, same "OLD" shit. Can't keep enough beer in the fridge during these summer nights:). It's been great catching up with a few of you on facebook and chatting for awhile. Stay in touch.

While the Cubs look to be coming on (3 or 4 runs a game, thank god for the pitching). So we'll see where they end up. I don't expect much if they even make the playoffs. The Phoenix Coyotes are still here and they will have the Blackhawks here twice this year so we'll probably catch at least 1 of those, hopefully.

Once it cools down a bit, Jason and I will be hitting the links. I haven't golf a whole lot and I need to get out (i actually miss it). Cierra is interested too, so I suppose dad will have to take her with and teach her to do the exact opposite of me:).

Well I think that's it for now. See everyone in January!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment